If you ever googled “Romanian brides,” you probably know that they are “traditional” and “family-oriented.” We won’t talk emotions here—instead, we’ll talk facts. How popular are mail order brides from Romania? How much is it to get a Romanian wife? What else to expect? The answers are here!
Real Romanian wives: Statistics
When it comes to the statistics on Romanian mail order brides, it’s important to understand that the numbers shouldn’t and won’t be impressive. Romania has never been a trendy European mail order bride country. Unlike some of its neighbors (Ukraine in particular), Romania has never had a reputation as a country for brides—but we also can’t say that it has always been a blind spot for Americans searching for European wives. In 2010, for example, Romania made it to the top-5 list of European bride countries with 216 new K-1 fiancé(e) visas issued to Romanian women that year.
10 years later, in 2020, the number of K-1 visas issued to Romanian mail brides was only 74 – but this doesn’t mean that Romanian girls for marriage became less popular. The only reason for this is the COVID restrictions and the visa ban implemented in 2020—a year later, for example, there were 158 new K-1 visa holders from Romania, so it certainly has nothing to do with the popularity. It’s not even about Romania—in 2019, 35,881 K-1 visas were issued in total, while in 2020, the number decreased to 16,849!
Do Romanian mail order wives already have children when they start searching for a foreign husband? Typically, they don’t. We can assume based on the number of K-2 visas—the ones issued to the children of the K-1 visa holders who move to the US.
In 2010, 1 out of 10 K-1 visa holders from Romania had children from a previous relationship (216/22). The numbers changed, but the ratio did not—in 2020, it was still 1 out of 10 (74/7). In 2019, however, only 5% of single Romanian ladies who got a K-1 visa had children (158/7), which is not a typical ratio for Eastern Europe—for Russia, it’s 18%, and for Ukraine, it’s 25% (860/229).
Romanian brides cost
If you want to know more about the Romanian mail order brides prices, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s begin with Romanian bride websites—of course, you can go to Romania and start approaching women on the streets of Bucharest, but it’s much more time-consuming and expensive than online dating.
Typically, the Romanian bride websites cost around $80-$100 per month. However, you can easily spend $500 or even $1,000—it always depends on the premium features and services you’re going to use. For instance, if you only chat and send text messages, $100 will most likely be enough for a month. But if you’re going to find a dating site with a video chat, you need to be careful—such premium features can cost around $2-$4 per minute, so it’s totally possible to spend $500 or $1,000 per month if you have 8 minutes of video chat every day.
Then, you’ll need to meet your Romanian mail bride. Here’s how much a 2-week trip to Bucharest will cost:
- $600 for a round-trip ticket (NYC-Bucharest)
- $400 for a cheap hotel room
- $350 for food
- $300 for transportation
- $250 for entertainment and activities
- Total: $1,900
The truth about Romanian women for marriage: Who they really are
How old are Romanian females? Do they have a degree? What do they do for a living? Are they searching for an older man? Let’s talk facts now.
- Most Romanian girls you will meet on dating sites are in their 20s. It’s totally possible to meet a Romanian bride in her 30s or even 40s, however—but the absolute majority of the girls are younger than that.
- They are educated. Romania is definitely not the best European country regarding female education—for example, only 65% of women between 15 and 24 years old are literate. However, that’s not the case when we’re talking about the social group most Romanian brides belong to. In the social group of young, urban, and Westernized girls, the education rate is obviously much higher.
- Modern Romanian women typically work in agricultural, commercial, or social services.
- Most of them are petite, fit, and well-built (the average height of a Romanian woman is 1.64 m, the average weight is 72 kg)
- They don’t think that age difference is a problem. The average expected age gap between a Romanian wife and an American husband is 4.8-7.9 years!
Getting a Romanian mail order bride is a great idea. These women got the best from both worlds—they are family-centered as all Eastern Europeans, but they are also very passionate (as all South Europeans). They are hot, they make great wives—and you can reach them in a few clicks!